St. Michael’s Church, Aldbourne
St. Michael’s Church, Aldbourne aims to be a channel of God’s love to the local community and beyond by active involvement in worship, prayer, fellowship and practical help.
St. Michael’s is one of the six churches in the Whitton Team Benefice.
For information on services, please refer to the Whitton Team Benefice website.
Contact details for all the team clergy can be found here.
Contact details for the Church Wardens and Parochial Church Council Secretary are shown below.
The Church and village school work closely together by creating a broad and rich learning experience, underpinned by Christian values. They provide groups and sessions especially for families, including:
- “Sparklers” at 9:15am during term-time – a short session for children under primary school age and their families/carers.
- “Sparklers Plus” sessions take place occasionally during school holidays, when older siblings are especially welcome to join the family fun.
- “Open the Book” teams visit the schools in Aldbourne and Baydon where they retell key bible stories.
- “Messy Church” sessions are held at regular intervals in Aldbourne and Ramsbury. Everyone is welcome!
- ReFuel (a group for young people aged between 12 and 14 yrs old) meets every 2nd Sunday from 5:00 to 6:30pm. Please contact the Team Vicar, Revd. Candice Marcus, for more information.
St. Michael’s has a close relationship with the Aldbourne Methodist Church. In addition to holding regular combined services the Churches have developed a Welcome Pack for people new to the village. On the last Saturday of June each year the Churches hold a Combined Fete on the Green.
The Churches also work together to raise funds and collect provisions for the Swindon Food Bank – each autumn leading a village wide initiative called “A-Ha” (the Aldbourne Harvest Appeal).
The Rector of the Whitton Team Benefice and the Church Wardens jointly administer the funds for the Goldsmith Charity which distributes small grants to residents of Aldbourne in financial need or those who want to further their education. People may apply by letter for themselves or for someone else. The current charity being supported by St. Michael’s is The Hope Christian Trust.
A separate charity, the Friends of St. Michael’s Church, raises money specifically for the fabric of the building. A team of people from the village contribute to the maintenance of the building and the churchyard.
In addition to Sunday worship, St. Michael’s Church is also used for community events including Aldbourne Band concerts.
Brenda Robinson (Church Warden)
Telephone: 01672 841251
Krystyna Hagerty (Church Warden)
Telephone: 01672 540698
Marianne Adey (Parochial Church Council Secretary)
Telephone: 01672 540629