Aldbourne Methodist Church
Aldbourne Methodist Church in Lottage Road is a community church with a friendly atmosphere and everyone is warmly welcomed to our services and activities.
We offer a range of services and other activities:
- Weekly Sunday worship at 10:30am*
- Regular all-age worship on the third Sunday of the month at 10:30am
- Themed play bags available for use by younger members of the congregation during services
- Singles lunches every other month (please contact Sandra Barnes for more information, see details below)
- Coffee mornings every Tuesday at 10:00am
- Women’s Fellowship meetings on the first and third Wednesday of the month at 2:30pm (social occasions with visiting speakers)
- Midweek communion at 10:00am on the second Thursday of each month.
- Messy Church sessions (creative activities for all ages, plus an informal meal and a short service) organised jointly with the Whitton Team, take place regularly in the Chapel.
*On occasional Sundays we visit other services, for example at St. Michael’s or in Ramsbury, hence there is no service in Aldbourne. Service information is published on the Chapel noticeboard every month.
In addition we hold social and fund raising events such as concerts, quizzes, cream teas and soup lunches, plus seasonal special services of course, such as Harvest Festival (and Harvest Supper & Auction), Easter and Christmas services.
Keep an eye out for posters and do come and join in, we would love to see you.
You are always assured of a warm welcome, plus comfy seats and central heating, and tea and coffee after the services!
We also have a diversity of local preachers, someone different every week, so if one week the sermon is not quite your style or hasn’t ‘reached’ you, then come along the next week to see what is on offer.
Our Chapel premises are available for hire at good rates (although in line with Methodist tradition, alcohol is not allowed on the premises). We have a well equipped kitchen with plenty of crockery and cutlery, and a large hall, tables and chairs. The Chapel itself can also be hired for events such as concerts or rehearsals.
For any enquiries or information, please contact one of the stewards, see details below.
We look forward to seeing you!
Revd. Heather Cooper (Minister)
Telephone: 01672 512457
Sandra Barnes (Steward)
Telephone: 01672 540161
Richard Osborne (Steward)
Telephone: 01672 540430
Peter Lawler (Steward)
Telephone: 01672 540719
Janet Spath (Steward)
Telephone: 01672 540937
Sheila Palmer (Chapel & Hall Lettings)
Telephone: 01672 541087